A little update





Hello there kitty cats,

It's still april, it is yet another sunday (I think it's even the last sunday of this month) And this will be my second blogpost of april. Yes I am failing at this writing at least once a week thing.

But I thought I'd give you a little update. Because you know.. I like to talk about myself every now and again. And because this whole moving -out  -and -to -Amsterdam- thing has only been talked about once or twice.. And it is bigger than that.
So for the past couple of weeks I've had the full on amsterdam experience. I've been living here for a little over a month now and there were still some things I hadn't done yet. Like cycling to school. (with Google maps of course.. but I'm starting to get the hang of it)
Or getting grocaries somewhere else then the Albert Heijn next to my school.
Or almost get run over by an army of rushed cycling Amsterdammers. Sweating my bumm off whilst cycling during rush hour. As you can see the ultimate Amsterdam experience is based around one thing only; Cycling.

Of course there are also other things that I've been doing. Like I had my first sunny day at the Vondelpark. (it was also 4/20 ; the only day when you can smoke weed in the park legally, so the air was a mixture of weed and fresh flowers) And there are a lot of shops and restaurants I still want to visit, but since this is not a vacation but my new home.. There's plenty of time!
Oh! And beer has turned into my favourite drink on nights out. I used to be a wine girl to the bone.. But my school and our parties probably have a lot to do with that.
I had a night out with my roommates which was amazing! The full on flirting with strangers and tipsy cycling through Amsterdam and it's beautifull streets. It all happened!

My roommates and I are still going strong, They are really turning in to my girlies. I still bake things.. like cookies and stuff.
I've actually hung a print on my wall and some other deccoration. I've even got rid of the last pieces of cardbord (which were still left from unpacking my bed and wardbrobe).. Okay it's not gone yet, it's in a bin bag, I'll throw it our tomorrow.

So as you can see this whole living in Amsterdam and on my own- thing is going pretty smooth.
Of course there are days that I miss my mom and little sister. But Amsterdam has turned into my city. If only I could be as cool as the people here. I'm starting to think I left all my swag in The Hague.
Kisses on your elbows,

Romy


Popular Posts