The vocal goddess

Hello there kitty cats,

And welcome to the very first blogpost of 2016! How exciting!
I hope you've all had a lovely new years eve and day and are completely recovered from your hangover/ another foodcoma ('Cause december is all about the food and company, right?!).
As promised during Blogmas, I will put a spotlight on an inspirational woman every now and then (I talked about every week, but you all know I can't do that.) Because Girl by Destiny's child is my jam and who run the world  (you can finish that sentence) is something I'm (not so) secretly thinking. And let's be honest. It's always nice to have a little swoon over your idols.
So after seeing an amazing performance of Aretha Franklin last week. I could not choose a better time to write a post about this superwoman.

Ladies and Gent's, this weeks goddess:


Aretha Franklin.
I just love this photo of her, without make-up and just a girl. A rediciously talented girl who changed the music industry.
If you don't know who she is; she sings all the amazing songs like Think , Respect and Natural woman and many more. I don't want to turn this into an article about her life. I just want to have a little swoon and show and tell about why I think this woman is a goddess.
Let's talk about her voice.. She has so much talent that I could cry at every performance she ever does. Her voice is so deep and warm, yet she hits those high notes like it's just a part of the way she  breathes. She is one of the only artists that actually gives me goosebumps everytime she sings. Okay enough talking let's have a look!


That gave me goosebumps and tears and just filled my heart with light. I don't know about you...
This was the performance I was talking about. She performed this at the 38th anual Kennedy Center Honors. Where Carole King (alongside with many others), who wrote Natural woman, won.
I've never been blessed with the chance of seeing her live. But I hope someday soon within the next 2 years I wille be able to cry my eyes out at this womans performance.
Did you know she was/ is the most charted female artist in the charts history? (thank you Wikipedia)
She is also one of the best-selling artists of all time.

Well I just wish I can make a difference in the world with my acting and just by being me. "Making art not war" as a cheesy quote says.  But it's the truth and people, woman like Aretha Franklin are proof that it is possible.

Let's all take a moment to appreciate inspirational people.
Have a nice week pumpkins!

Kisses on your elbows,

Romy


Popular Posts