the Summer uniform

Hello there kitty cats,

So the calander says we still have a couple of weeks left until summer ends, but the weatherforcast
let's us know it's done.. There are no rays left in the cookie jar of sunshine. BOO YOU WHORE!!
I know this will forever be the struggle that comes with living in The Netherlands, or any other country that actually has four seasons (that all come with a bit of rain), but it still makes me a bit emotional..
I hate heat and I don't like to sunbath.. But Autumn and I just don't have the click Summer and I have.. Or the same chemistry Winter and I have.. Autumn is more like a rebound, just to kill time before Winter comes around.
(Sidenote: I am so excited about christmas, that it's kind of embarrasing.. read: I am singing/listening to christmassongs already)

Now back to the actual purpose of this post: I wanted to give you and myself some comforting words and photo's before we say our goodbye's to Summer.
By sharing my Summer uniform with you; the combo I always fell back on when my days were filled with sunshine this summer. The outfitphoto's  I let my lovely Britt take of me on the last day of our summerbreak.



this looks like the world's biggest fart.. but I promise it wasn't me who got windy









Black boots in summertime, Why not?!
Marilyn Monroe things..



I've had this dress for a couple of years now.. It was one of the only things I HAD to buy at the Oxfordstreet Primark when Meryl and I were in London. And it is probably one of the best dresses I own. It is very lightweight, yet structured, not see through and very figure flattering.
The green and white combo does remind me of christmas, so  every season I try to wear it as a variation on the christmasjumper.
The boots are winning at life, they've never been more loved then this summer.
And the bag is a new love I bought a couple of months ago and have not stopped wearing eversince.

What am I wearing?
Dress: Primark, similar here
Boots: Asos here
Bag: Pull and Bear here
Sunglasses: Six, similar here

Enjoy the last bits of sun bumblebees!

Kisses on your elbows,

Romy

Popular Posts