"Passing on the invisible tiara"



"Only Disney princesses are real princesses"

That is something I used to think when I was little. Because of course, everyone can wear a pretty dress and high heels. But not everyone is a princess. At least that's what I thought.

Being 19 now and "all grown up", has made me realise that you don't have to wear a tiara or a pretty dress to feel like a princess, let alone be one.
Every woman or girl is a princess and every man or boy is a prince. And I think it's only fair enough to call the elderly kings and queens, because you know they are older and deserve a bigger title. Because they are the ones that are responsible for the world that we live in right now. They did their job creating and giving life, now it's ours to continue doing that.
With that being said, That ''Disney princess magic'' I'm talking about is something human and realistic that we recognize in these princesses. The only difference between us and them is that they never stopped being themselves, they never admitted to what society asked from them, or what their parents wanted . And I think everyone who has that same quality, has that Disney princess magic.

So this is going to be the theme of a photo series I am making: Passing on the invisible tiara.
I'll be taking pictures of the people I think deserve a tiara/crown. People that have the same magic a Disney princess has.

Kisses on your elbows  (because you can't reach it.. do not try it!)

Romy



Popular Posts